Project Palliative Care in Mauritania
The project "Palliative Care in Mauritania" is to introduce and strengthen palliative care in the Mauritanian health system –Hospitals, clinics, training schools ... - by involving professionals, decision makers, families and volunteers.
The project is a collaboration between CTS, ASSIDE –a Mauritanian association -, Cairdeas -a Scottish International NGO specialized in the introduction of palliative care in the Global South- and Cairdeas Sahara - the project team you can follow on www.facebook.com / CairdeasSahara-.
Activities focus on the capital Nouakchott, working closely with the National Centre of Oncology. We’re expanding operations throughout the country through trainings of nurses and following 4 localities.
The links below lead to videos (in French):
- Palliative care in Mauritania (April 2015)
- Mobile team (April 2016)
- Training "Communicating with a terminally ill child" (April 2016)
Palliative care is an innovative activity in Mauritania. We bring a change with our partners:
- Understand and follow through ACTION-RESEARCH :
- Socio-anthropological study
- Monitoring of the practices
- Facilitate TRAINING:
- Medical staff
- Make real through PRACTICE:
- Model of service delivery of quality palliative care
- Make accessible and strengthen through AWARENESS and ADVOCACY:
- Health Policies
- Accessibility of medicines & care
- Networking and support
CTS is involved in the monitoring of the project, in financing and networking in francophone Europe.